Is your fish oil supplement really delivering all the nutrients you’re expecting?
A guest post from 2020 Seminar Sponsor Rosita Real Foods:
After last year’s amazing conference, Rosita Real Foods USA is thrilled to return as a sponsor for the 2019 Wahls Protocol Seminar and Retreat. We’re also honored to be part of the vital conversation on helping people with autoimmune conditions heal with nutrient-rich foods.
You may know that Dr. Terry Wahls extols the virtues of cod liver oil as part of her renowned protocol, given its nutrient content and omega fatty acids. In fact, she recommends fresh, wild caught and raw Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil :
“I’d much rather use a product like Rosita that’s been around for many, many generations with great success.” Dr. Wahls
Traditional cultures with vibrant health regularly consumed organ meats, especially liver, which included key nutrients that are now nearly absent in even the healthiest of diets.
Many, including Dr. Wahls, enjoy Rosita as it’s a convenient way to get these nutrients without having to eat liver. Rosita boasts naturally occurring vitamins A and D, and a full spectrum of omega fatty acids, including EPA and DHA:
- It has true vitamin A in retinol form, which means the body can easily absorb and use it (unlike the vitamin A found in plants as beta-carotene). Vitamin A is involved in immune function, vision, reproduction and cellular communication.*
- Vitamin A also works hand-in-hand with vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium to support bone health.*
- And omega-3 fatty acids are known for reducing inflammation and preserving brain health.*
Rosita is truly unprocessed
It’s also important to note that the way cod liver oil is processed greatly affects its nutritional composition.
If you do the research, you’ll find that commercial cod liver oils are highly processed with heat (molecular distillation) that wipes out the natural vitamins A and D, and damages the fragile omega-3 fatty acids. To make up for the loss, most cod liver oil producers will add synthetic vitamins.
Yet Rosita is the only fresh, wild-caught and raw cod liver oil in the entire world, which means its precious nutrients are unadulterated and pure.
How Rosita is created
Rosita Real Foods is a small, family-run company based in Norway. It’s made up of old-time, genuine Norwegians and fishermen who know all about fish liver oils.
Rosita follows sustainable, hand-caught fishing practices using an open boat with a shelter deck – on the crystal clean waters of the Norwegian Fjords.
Further, Rosita is the only company to hold a patent for its gentle chemical-free and heat-free method to purify the cod liver oil, which was developed with support from the University of Stockholm.
- Only Rosita uses a rare, generations-old technique that naturally releases the oil from the hand-picked livers (with water at temps akin to the ocean) within 15 minutes. This can only be accomplished with healthy livers from freshly caught cod.
- Only Rosita’s patent involves an extremely unique method using a natural substance from the ocean that binds to contaminants in the oil, followed by filtering – like decanting a fine wine. This is extremely effective at reducing contaminants, but does not alter or damage the oil’s nutrients in any way.
The finished product has a pale, golden color and a mild, fresh fish taste, and comes in liquid and softgels (made from fish gelatin). For information on where to buy this special cod liver oil, here’s a list of U.S. and international Rosita sellers (https://evclo.com/buy/) .
Tested, true and backed by health experts
Each batch of Rosita is 3rd-party tested in a microbiological laboratory and certified to meet strict European regulations for potency and purity (including heavy metals testing).
This all means your body will recognize Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil as real food – not a processed supplement… all in line with the Wahls Protocol.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your physician before using Rosita, or taking this product if you are pregnant or lactating, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, anticipate surgery, have a diagnosed cardiovascular condition, nutrient absorption issues, dealing with a chronic disease, bleeding or immune system disorders. Keep out of reach of children.
Dan Corrigan is a survivor of a life-threatening intestinal condition. Throughout the course of 10 years looking for answers, he learned that healing the gut allows you to maximize the value of a real food diet – with the important addition of fat-soluble vitamins from real cod liver oil.
Given this experience, Dan formulated his renowned, pure probiotic, GutPro. Then, in search of a truly fresh cod liver oil, Dan worked closely with the Rosita family in Norway to launch Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil in the Americas.
Dan is also trained in several dietary protocols and natural health disciplines.