Could a 60 Million Year Old Bird Help Prevent and Reverse Chronic Health Conditions?
Today’s blog post comes from our 2021 Wahls Protocol Seminar Sponsor, Walkabout Health Products.
The Ultimate Survivor
The emu has lived on earth between 60-100 million years. The emu has the uncommon ability to store astounding amounts of nutrients in his “life-sustaining fat” while living in one of Earth’s harshest climates. The male emu sits on his cluster of eggs for 54 days without food or water—sustained by his fat stores.
There are enormous differences in the quality and effectiveness of emu oil based on the genetics of the birds, what they are fed and how the oil is rendered. Walkabout Emu Oil comes from the best genetics only found on our farms in Australia, with the emu’s natural diet, rendered minimally using ancient aboriginal processes.
Walkabout Emu Oil harnesses what nature has provided to produce the highest quality and the most effective emu oil. Our oil has had nothing added or removed leaving nature’s gift unadulterated.
Traditional Food & Medicine of Ancient Aboriginals
The ancient indigenous people of Australia used emu oil for thousands of years as food and “bush medicine.”
Our bodies recognize the foods our species has been eating for thousands of years. Today’s isolated and synthetic vitamins lack the amount of vitamin complexes, cofactors and micronutrients found in nature’s food.
Whole foods and whole food supplements provide vitamin complexes, cofactors, micronutrients and energy that occur in food naturally. This natural synergy cannot be duplicated in a laboratory.
What we promote is a Traditional Whole Food. And what my mother always used to tell me was, “Food is the best medicine.”
A Synergistic Superfood
Walkabout Emu Oil is a unique synergy of vital nutrients contributing to intestinal repair, the health of the brain, heart, bones, teeth, skin, joints, muscles, kidneys, reproductive organs and is critical for growth and development.
Two of its Rare ingredients are naturally occurring Vitamin K2 MK-4 and naturally occurring Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). Both are hard to get in our diets and have tremendous health benefits.
Vitamin K2 MK-4 is a multi-functional vitamin that can literally change your life. Highest levels are found in the brain, liver, bone, heart, testis, kidney, pancreas and salivary glands. It is estimated that more than 80% of the population is deficient and it is essential for a variety of reasons:
- Virtually all Vitamin K in the brain is MK-4
- Compared to other tissues in the body the brain has a high concentration of Vitamin K2 MK-4
- High concentrations of K2 MK-4 are in the myelin areas, and is required for myelin formation
- Manages inflammation and oxidative stress in the brain
- Activates proteins that maintain structure of brain cell membranes
- Reduces severity of MS symptoms in animal models
- Activates osteocalcin which deposits calcium in bones and teeth and keeps calcium out of soft tissues: osteocalcin also helps regulate insulin and enhances insulin sensitivity
- Activates MGP – strongest inhibitor of tissue calcification including cardio and vascular (reverses arterial plaque)
- MGP is found in bones, blood vessels, heart, lungs, kidneys and cartilage
- Helps in regulating metabolic disorders
- Important co-factor in overall cellular metabolism and energy generation
- K2 deficiency fosters cancer growth
- Crucial for preventing heart disorders
- Prevents joint damage
- Helps prevent wrinkles
- Required for healthy growth and development
- Only MK-4 is found in umbilical cord plasma
- MK-4 concentrated in mother’s colostrum
Naturally occurring CLA could be one of the most beneficial cancer fighting nutrients in our diets.
A study done in Finland showed a 60% lower risk of breast cancer in women with high amounts of CLA in their diet. In France, another study showed, women with the highest levels of CLA in their breast tissue had the lowest risk of breast cancer.
CLA also has profound anti-inflammatory and immune modulatory properties. Which makes it an important addition to any autoimmune dietary protocol. It has been shown to have favorable effects on heart health, diabetes, autoimmunity, bone health, inflammation, infections and obesity.
Nutrient Dense. Our emu oil contains all the fat-soluble vitamins, A, E, and D3. It is a warm bloodied source of fatty acids including omega 3, 6, 7 and 9. It also has arachidonic acid (AA) which makes up at least 11% of the fatty acids needed by the brain (levels lower associated with cognitive disorders). It even has ATP, which stores and transports chemical energy within cells.
A traditional food- from an ancient bird- with profound anti-inflammatory effects may just be the key to prevent and reverse chronic health conditions.
Walkabout Health Products