Today we are making Spicy Beef Collard Wraps – week six of Premium Menus. So, we’re gonna have collards – these great big leaves will be great for the wraps.
- Onions: great source of sulfur
- Cilantro: a really wonderful detox aid and green leaves
- Green peppers: a good source of polyphenols
- Jalapenos: good source of capsaicin, which is great for anyone who has chronic pain
- Celery: great source of fiber, of polyphenols – it’s also very good detox support
- Cauliflower: great source of sulfur. Here’s a tip: take the core stem, and you can chop that as well and add it to the cauliflower.
- Beef: I first put in liver, pulsed the liver, and then added a pound of ground beef. A great way to include more organ meats.
- Spices: Chili powder, hot pepper flakes, lime, more chili – you want to have spices, because they are really the superfoods. So, trying new culinary traditions, new spices, are a great way to boost your detox processes.
- Lemon juice: a great source of vitamin C and polyphenols.
I will fry up the meat in a large stock pot and then add the vegetables for a couple minutes until they are done.
We’ll serve all of this on the collard wrap, like a giant burrito. And we’ll add a green cilantro sauce on top for extra zip and zest!
The Wahls Premium Menus are a great way to diversify your food and take the thought out of planning your meals! They are available at all 3 levels for purchase here.