Wahls Protocol® Recipe: Onion Parsley Sumac Salad
- 1 large sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sumac berries
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- generous pinch cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, toss onion with mint leaves, sumac, salt, and black pepper. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the parsley, cumin, and lemon juice with a fork. Stir with the fork and slowly add the olive oil, stirring while you drizzle so the dressing emulsifies a bit. Pour the dressing over the onions and toss gently with a wooden spoon to combine.
This is wonderful chilled or at room temperature and will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can also sauté it in a hot skillet until the onions are tender, then add ground beef or lamb and your favorite vegetables to make a quick, one-pan meal.