Sweet and Savory Carrot Soup
I have made substitutions to make the recipe more consistent with what I would do.
- 1 diced cooking onion
- minced garlic
- 4 to 5 peeled, extra large carrots, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and roughly chopped
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- honey/brown sugar/or suitable sweetener (optional) to taste
- coconut oil or ghee
- In a large pot, saute the onions in the oil or butter, until nicely browned.
- Add in the carrots and sufficient broth to cover.
- Add sea salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, covered, until the carrots are soft.
- Add the oranges.
- Remove from heat and puree (in a blender or using a hand blender) until smooth.
- If the soup is too thick, add more broth.
- Return to heat, over low, and add the honey or brown sugar.
- Kale chips are delicious when sprinkled over this soup.