- 1 lb spinach
- a lot of butter or ghee
- Wash and rinse spinach well, put it in a pan with the water that is naturally clinging to it. Add some celtic sea salt.
- Cook until spinach is reduced and soft (about 2 minutes) only adding water if otherwise burning.
- Put in a sieve or colander to remove excess water.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in a pan. Add the spinach, cook it gently, stirring constantly until all butter disappears into the spinach. Add more butter and do the same, as often as you like and until spinach is totally saturated with butter.
- You can serve it now, delicious, or chill spinach until next day and repeat the process with even more butter! You could do this for three days running (if you don’t mind reheating the spinach so often). Add some salt and pepper and enjoy lovely spinach that doesn’t leave your teeth funny.
This is a famous French recipe.