I have excerpted the following from with permission from Minding My Mitochondria: How I Overcame Secondary Progressive MS And Got Out Of My Wheelchair 2nd Edition.
This has been a big hit at our house and is a rich source of antioxidants and other phytonutrients good for your mitochondria.
Red Root Salad
- Red beets
- Yellow beets
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ to 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon [b]each[/b] of flax oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce
- Grate any combination of the above roots in approximately equal proportions.
- Add finely minced celery in equal proportion to the red beets.
- Add fresh orange zest (grated from the skin of an orange).
- Finely chop the orange or simply squeeze for the juice.
- Add fresh ginger finely minced or grated.
- If the salad seems bitter you can add more soy sauce.
thank you, thank you. its about two weeks on the protocol and i am feeling stronger each day. i am dealing with parkinson”s, which affects my ability for balance and walking. i also deal with fatigue and sleeplessness. choosing not to drive out of fear of falling asleep, which happened once. thank god i didn’t hurt anyone. and i live alone in the woods. suzanne