I have excerpted the following from with permission from Minding My Mitochondria: How I Overcame Secondary Progressive MS And Got Out Of My Wheelchair 2nd Edition.
Matcha is a type of green tea where the dried, young tea leaves have been ground into a powder. It is the source of tea used for the Japanese tea ceremony. It is a terrific way to start your day. Finding a way to have your kids drink some green tea each day is an excellent way to help keep them focused and calmer.
You can mix green tea into water, tofu, juice, or coconut milk. I purchase green tea powder in bulk through the Internet and keep it in my freezer. To keep it affordable, instead of using a premium grade powdered tea, I use the less costly mixing grade for my smoothies.
A couple of Web sites that sell green tea are:
- 2 cups hemp milk (or coconut or almond milk)
- 1 cup boiling water (or ice)
- 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ teaspoon algae
- ¼ teaspoon dried kelp
- Blend in a blender until frothy.
- If you are taking nutritional yeast or amino acid supplements you can add them to the smoothie.
- Use a frozen banana and ice cubes to make a frozen version, or hot water to make a hot version of this drink.
- Pineapple, pear, papaya, mango, or kiwi can be used for a more exotic flavor with the same health benefits.
all the best in succeeding with your hleethiar lifestyle! mayhaps photos of hleethiar lifestyle coming up in the future? 😉 i wish i had your determination, i always say i want to cut back on my diet to lose weight but i cant help baking goodies. it’s like an addiction i swear. someone should set up a bakers anonymous or something. teehee.