Green Glow Spirulina Balls
Serves: Yields 20 balls
- 1 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- ½ cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 2 tablespoons bee pollen
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grind seeds to fine meal (I use coffee grinder).
- Transfer seed meal to medium bowl and stir in carob, agave, spiruline, pollen & cinnamon.
- Blend thoroughly until you have stiff cohesive ball; your hands work best.
- Pinch off small pieces (about teaspoon) and roll into size of large marbles.
- For best flavor & consistency, all the balls to set for 24 hours before eating.
- Store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator and eat within two weeks.
I have made substitutions to make the recipe more consistent with what I would do.[br][br][b]Good source: [/b]beta-carotene, vitamins B & E, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, chlorophyll, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc, copper, slow-release carbohydrate, protein, healthful fat & fiber. Recipe from RAW ENERGY by Stephanie Tourles