Research is showing that there may be a link between mental health and the consumption of a ketogenic diet, giving hope to those who suffer from depression or bipolar disease. Ketogenic diets — which include high amounts of fat, adequate amounts of protein, and low amounts of carbohydrates — may also benefit those with other diseases, such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
This article features Dr. Wahls and Dr. David Perlmutter and their work with ketogenic diets. Dr. Wahls has developed her own protocol based on Paleo principles and the latest research on autoimmune disease. Through this protocol, she was able to reverse her symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Dr. Perlmutter notes that a high-fat, low-carb diet can reverse the symptoms of various diseases, boost weight loss, and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Read the full article here and learn more about Dr. Wahls’ ketogenic diet by ordering The Wahls Protocol.
Joanne Eglash has more than 25 years of experience as a journalist and author. She covers all aspects of health and lifestyle, and her work has been featured in magazines and websites such as ediets and Yahoo! Examiner.com is a website that provides freelance writers a platform to share their knowledge and expertise through informative and entertaining content.
To learn more about Dr. Wahls, sign up for her email list, and order The Wahls Protocol today.
I read the book, “Minding My Mitochondria” and thought it was excellent. I’m wondering what’s in the latest book that is not in the one I’ve read?
The Wahls Protocol includes details on:
• other Wahls Warriors and their stories as well as answers to specific questions from my followers.
• my illness and the transformation that came as I learned how to eat and live for optimal health.
• a step-by-step plan for adopting each diet: the Wahls™ Diet, Wahls Paleo™ Diet, Wahls Paleo Plus™ Diet, and the Wahls Protocol™.
• a week of menus for each diet, including new recipes.
• nutritional analyses of the various Wahls™ diet plans.
• recommended exercises, electrical stimulation, stress reduction, sleep improvement, and hormone rebalancing.
• what laboratory testing to ask your physician to obtain.
• what laboratory testing a functional-medicine provider can offer.
• when to see a functional medicine–trained healthcare practitioner.
• how long recovery usually takes.
In short, this book provides a much more specific and lay-friendly program as well as a more intimate look at my life. It will give you the tools you need to take your health to the next healing level!
The Wahls Customer Service Team
I heard Dr. Wahls speak at Paleo fx. I’m excited about her research and looking forward to her future work.
Finally, a doctor that isn’t interested in flogging drugs. I reversed and healed from schizoaffective bipolar type using a nutrient dense diet combined with enzymes and supplements. I found out after 15 years of psych drugs and not getting any better, that all mental illness is a nutrient deficiency caused by leaky gut, which prevents the absorption of nutrients and makes you psychotic or depressed or manic from severe deficiencies. In turn, that leads to food sensitivities, chemical sensitivities, and allergies. There is a cure for all mental health conditions and I was cured by a homeopath with a backround in holistic nutrition. His name is Dr. Hermeet Singh Suri, in Canada and he saved my life. He is now curing people of schizophrenia and other mental health disorders. I started an Alternative Mental Health facebook for everyone looking for answers other than pharmaceuticals which don’t work. You can’t cure a mental disorder by using tranquilizers when the root cause is nutritional deficiency. Ridiculous!