Coconut Milk Oyster Stew Recipe
- 1 lb of shucked oysters
- ¼ lb bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 basil leaves
- ½ bunch of cilantro, minced
- 1 small yam
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3-inch piece lemongrass
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cups fish broth, clam juice or chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Let onion and garlic sit for 15 minutes to stabilize.
- Fry bacon. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, broth, yam, lemongrass and coconut milk. Simmer 10 minutes. Add oysters and lemon juice and simmer 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add minced cilantro and basil and serve. You can add other fish and shellfish as another variant.
- Eating for our cells and our mitochondria can be delicious and restorative.