Chocolate Frosting Shots
I have made substitutions to make the recipe more consistent with what I would do.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 T cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Molasses to taste
- Open the coconut milk, and leave the can (or transfer to a bowl) uncovered in the fridge overnight. (Don’t shake the can before opening.) It should velvety, very thick. (If it doesn’t, you’ve gotten a bad can that won’t work for the recipe. I highly recommend Thai Kitchen, or especially Thai Kitchen Organic.)
- Once thick, transfer to a bowl (you can opt to leave out the watery bit at the bottom of the can, if you want it even thicker).
- Whip in your cocoa, vanilla, and sweetener with a fork, or even beaters if you want to be fancy.
- Stored uncovered in the fridge, and the mixture gets even thicker!