Bone Broth Recipe
- Bones (can be chicken carcass, pork chop bones, ribs or a soup bone with marrow in it from the butcher)
- Chicken feet, shrimp tail, or clam/mussel shells (all optional bone alternatives)
- ½ to 1 tsp powdered kelp or dulse flakes
- 1 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 to 10 cups of water
- Put all the ingredients in kettle or crockpot over low heat.
- Let simmer without boiling for several hours or several days.
- Strain out the bones. Strain out the vegetables or put them through a high-speed blender.
The broth is filled with free amino acids that heal the gut and all of the minerals our bones need to thrive.
Anyone suffering from a ‘leaky gut’ will likely benefit greatly from having bone broth several times a day as part of a healing regimen.
If you wish to learn more about what I did in the first year of my recovery, check out my book Minding My Mitochondria.