Beets With Orange Sauce
- 3 med/large beets, chopped leaving skins on if organic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, mild flavored
- zest of small orange, juice used later
- ¼ mixed peppercorns, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a roasting pan
- Roast, stirring occasionally about 1 hour, then add juice of one orange and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Continue roasting until tender, about 30 min.
- Steaming whole beets before roasting creates a juicier, more tender beet and reduces cooking time.