Terms of enrollment
Please review the following before enrolling in the program. You will be asked to sign and return this agreement after enrolling:
Wahls Protocol® VIP Coaching Autoimmune Intervention Mastery – Radical Health Upgrade with Dr. Wahls group coaching support
TERMS OF ENROLLMENT
Wahls Protocol® VIP Coaching Autoimmune Intervention Mastery – Radical Health Upgrade Radical Health Upgrade (“Program”) is an online course that includes the following course modules and concepts that are taught across the program:
- How to interact with your medical team. Includes a discussion of typical primary care labs that are used to assess metabolic health and levels of inflammation as well as the desired target values. We will also discuss strategies for requesting testing and consultation referrals for nutrition, physical therapy, mental health, or health coaching. You will learn the options for getting access to more advanced laboratory testing available directly to the consumer.
- Understanding the root causes of chronic disease. Includes a discussion of the role of nutrition, toxin exposure, microbiome, hormone, movement, adverse childhood events, trauma, and genetic vulnerability in the development of autoimmune diseases, mental health problems, obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and heart disease. This will provide additional insights into how disease and health are created by the interaction of genetic vulnerability and environmental factors.
- How to more effectively evaluate the timeline of your unique health journey. Walks the group through self-assessment of their timeline, environmental exposures, family history, life events, and current symptoms to better understand their root causes and determine where to focus their self-care efforts. These insights lead to greater understanding of one’s unique family history, life events, and environmental impacts and how they all contribute to the current state of health and disease. These insights will help you identify what is under your control and what is not under your control.
- How to interact with your medical team and nutrition professionals. Discusses how to use your self-assessment to select the nutrition plan you can implement as a family. Discusses the various dietary plans that have scientific merit to improve health. Discusses how to work with your primary care team to monitor progress and request nutrition consult if needed. Understanding these concepts increases your effectiveness at advocating for yourself or your family member during visits with your medical team.
- How electrical therapy that targets muscles or nerves is used in rehabilitation to reduce pain and improve motor function. Discusses the role of electrical stimulation of muscles as part of neurorehabilitation, including how to find professionals with expertise in electrical therapy, and electrical stimulation therapy for pain control, muscle spasms, and muscle strengthening. Understanding electrical therapy will help you determine its potential role in your rehabilitation. Discusses the importance of movement and how to use a personal trainer, athletic trainer, PT, OT, and group classes to improve movement.
- Addressing the mental, spiritual, and religious aspects of your inner life to increase emotional and physical resilience. Discusses the mental, spiritual, and religious aspects of creating better health. Reviews the role of self-talk, purpose, hero’s journey, religious affiliation, and the meaning of your illness in creating health. Addressing these factors greatly increases success with adopting and sustaining desirable health behaviors and extinguishing undesirable health behaviors.
- Growing your internal motivation to improve your health behaviors and create the habits to build the life you desire. Reviews the Wahls Behavior Change Model™, a 15-step process that supports people in their journey to extinguish disease-promoting behaviors, increase health-promoting behaviors, and create daily habits that are essential to the life you desire. Growing one’s internal motivation is critical to creating desirable health habits and extinguishing undesirable habits.
- Understanding evolutionary biology and hormeses and their role in your health. Reviews evolutionary biology and the contribution of biology to human behavior, which in turn impacts the habits that humans create. This will offer insights on why disease-promoting habits develop and present effective strategies to extinguish harmful habits and replace them with health-promoting habits. We’ll also review the necessity of experiencing mild to moderate stress with sufficient time for cellular recovery (hormeses) to maintain resilience and healthy functioning of cells.
- Seeking joy using the principles of the pleasant life, good life, and meaningful life. This session explains how to create the “pleasant life,” “good life,” and “meaningful life” in your current state of health, enhance your level of joy, and connect to deeper meaning to increase fulfillment. Understanding and implementing these concepts is associated with greater levels of internal motivation to adopt and sustain higher levels of self-care and higher quality dietary choices. In addition, those who have more success implementing these principles report experiencing more joy and happiness.
- How to reduce the role of toxins in your life. Toxins increase inflammation and dysfunction in your cells, leading to worsening disease activity and greater resistance to standard treatment protocols. Toxins are everywhere in our environment–in air, water, food, and often our living and working spaces. This session teaches you to identify potential sources of toxins and strategies to reduce exposure and increase your body’s ability to remove and eliminate toxins. The reduction of toxin body burden is often associated with improving control of underlying disease states.
- How to improve hormonal balance and sleep. Hormones regulate many of our cells’ processes, either speeding them up and slowing them down. The balance of hormones has a major impact on mood, memory, energy, and metabolism. In this session, you will learn how to advocate for the proper assessment of hormones by your personal medical team. You will also be taught self-care strategies that support balancing of stress hormones and more optimal sex and thyroid hormones. Sleep is essential for all mammals, including humans. Sleep disruption worsens inflammation and accelerates most chronic disease. This session also reviews the role of sleep in health and strategies to improve sleep quality and quantity.
- Spreading the epidemic of health to people who matter to you. Learn how to inspire and support others in their healing journey, including mentoring others who want to spread the epidemic of health and healing. This final session discusses how to interact with people you would like to see improve their health and how to create attraction and interest in pursuing health behavior change.
You will also be invited to a private Facebook group that will be moderated by a health coach certified in the Wahls Protocol®.
The program lasts 12 weeks.
You will have weekly calls with the health coach.
You will have access to weekly group coaching calls which will be led by Dr. Terry Wahls with RHU health coach support.
You will have weekly group calls to discuss the concepts taught in the modules, answer questions, deepen your understanding, and connect with others completing the RHU course. The weekly group calls will be led by Dr. Wahls or if Dr. Wahls is unexpectedly not available,a member of the RHU team and may include a guest faculty with additional expertise. The group experience of sharing insights and growth contributes to higher levels achieved in RHU.
You will also receive the following Materials with your enrollment:
Six months of access to the Autoimmune Intervention Mastery Course, an online course that includes 5 modules and teaches people with autoimmune issues or those with a prodrome of chronic, unexplained symptoms such as fatigue, pain, mood problems, or brain fog that suggest autoimmune processes about self-care strategies and more effective collaborations with your personal medical team to improve immune health status. Modules include the inner game intervention, the food intervention, the physical intervention, supplemental intervention, and committing to a life of health. This online course has a series of lessons to teach people self-care strategies to improve mindset, diet quality, and physical function as well as supplemental strategies to support more effective functioning of our cells.
If you register during our Limited Time Offer period [INPUT DATES IF APPLICABLE], you will also receive the following health coach support with your enrollment:
Weekly sessions with a Wahls Radical Health Upgrade Coach, as well as access to a diet and lifestyle journal to track your progress on improving diet quality, stress reduction practices, and physical and cognitive exercise. The health coach will answer questions about the principles taught in the Autoimmune Intervention Mastery Course. The coach will also support your creation of specific small achievable next steps in your healing journey, with weekly check-in sessions and follow up by email and internet-based video for a total of 12 weeks. You will be given access to online diet and lifestyle journals, where you can record your daily diet, hours slept, and physical activity. The Wahls Radical Health Upgrade Coach will review the journals and provide feedback to you on a weekly basis. You will have the opportunity for an initial 20-minute video visit with the Wahls Radical Health Upgrade Coach, followed by weekly email or video support. There will be an additional fee if the video coaching sessions are longer than 20 minutes. The additional fee, $300 per session if longer than 20 minutes, will be charged to your credit card.
We are committed to providing all participants with a positive experience. Thus, COMPANY may, at its sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate your participation in any of its programs, live, recorded, social media-based, or digital, without refund or forgiveness of remaining payments if:
- you become disruptive or difficult to work with;
- you fail to follow the program guidelines; or,
- you impair the participation of our instructors or participants in our program(s).
You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- The Program is not intended as a substitute for, or in lieu of, other health and wellness training, certification, accreditation, and/or licensing.
- Your participation in this Program is not a substitute for any licensing requirements that may be applicable to you and does not independently authorize you to render care, prescribe regimens, medications, or supplements.
- Your activities in the health and wellness field remain subject to your education, qualifications, and licensure.
- Program education and information is intended for a general audience and does not purport to be, nor should it be construed as, specific advice, tailored to any individual.
- All materials, procedures, policies, and standards, teaching manuals, teaching aids, supplements, and the like that have been or will be made available by the Company or its designated facilitators, or any other source, oral or written, are for personal use in or in conjunction with this training program only.
- Program content is for personal use only and may not be sold, recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of the Company, or its designated agent.
- The information contained in program material is strictly for educational purposes. Therefore, if you wish to apply ideas contained in this material, you are taking full responsibility for your actions.
- We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in any program materials.
- User names and passwords may not be shared with any third parties.
- Any violation of Company’s policies regarding content usage shall result in the immediate termination of your enrollment without refund.
- Privacy and Confidentiality:
We respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of fellow Program participants.
We respect your confidential and proprietary information, ideas, plans, and trade secrets (collectively, “Confidential Information”) and must insist that you respect the same rights of fellow Program participants and of the Company.
Thus, you agree:
- not to infringe any Program participants’ or the Company’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights;
- that any Confidential Information shared by Program participants or any representative of the Company is confidential and proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or the Company;
- not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program participants during Program sessions;
- that all materials and information provided to you by the Company are its confidential and proprietary intellectual property belonging solely and exclusively to the Company, and may only be used by you as authorized by the Company;
- the reproduction, distribution, and sale of these materials by anyone but the Company is strictly prohibited;
- that if you violate, or display any likelihood of violating, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph, the Company and/or the other Program participant(s) will be entitled to injunctive relief to prohibit any such violations to protect against the harm of such violations.
While you are free to discuss your personal results from our programs and training, you must keep the experiences and statements, oral or written, of all other participants in the strictest of confidence.
- Membership and Fees:
Membership Fees for the Program are $3,997. A full refund is available within 7 days of completing the first session, after which no refund will be provided.
- Limitation of Liability:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING OUR MESSAGING, BLOGS, COMMENTS OF OTHERS, BOOKS, EMAILS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR BY US IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR MATERIALS.
THE PROGRAM, PROGRAM MATERIALS, AND SITE ARE CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE PROGRAM, PROGRAM MATERIALS, AND SITE OFFER HEALTH, WELLNESS, FITNESS, AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION AND ARE DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH-RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ IN THE PROGRAM, PROGRAM MATERIALS, OR SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING STATED OR POSTED IN THE PROGRAM, PROGRAM MATERIALS, OR SITE, OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICAL OR COUNSELING CARE. FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE AND COUNSELING INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHOTHERAPY, OR PROVIDING HEALTH CARE TREATMENT, INSTRUCTIONS, DIAGNOSIS, PROGNOSIS, OR ADVICE.
Your use of and access to the Program Materials is on a licensed basis. In that regard, Company hereby grants to you, and you hereby accept, the non-exclusive right, license, and privilege to use (but not sublicense) the Program Materials for the duration of the course, and for 4 weeks after the final session.
Participants may renew access to the Facebook page moderated by a certified Wahls Protocol® health coach and the course material for $2,497 for an additional 3 months.
You agree to:
(a) constantly use your best efforts in the use of the Program Materials in a way to protect the good name and goodwill associated with the Program Materials and Company.
(c) not to attack the Dr. Terry Wahls L.L.C. and to the Program Materials, nor attack the validity of the license granted hereunder;
(d) not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute the Program Material and Company, but to the contrary, maintain the value and reputation thereof to the best of your ability;
(f) at all times comply with all applicable government laws and regulations, and all voluntary industry standards relating or pertaining to the use of the Programs and Materials, and maintain appropriate customary high-quality standards. You shall also abide by Company’s suggestions and specifications regarding quality control over the use of the Program Material.
The license granted herein does not grant you any right, title, or interest, at law or in equity, in or to any of Company’s trademarks, service marks, copyrights, copyrighted material, or any derivative uses thereof, or the name, likeness, or image of Terry Wahls, or trade secrets or other rights or intellectual property of any kind, except as provided by said license. Further, such license applies only to those Program Materials designated herein. You shall not represent to others, or conduct yourself in any manner that might indicate to others, that you possess any other legal or equitable rights in our Program Material, trademarks, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, or other rights or intellectual property of any kind other than by virtue of the license granted hereunder.
Company shall have the right to approve all uses of the Program Material or derivative uses thereof.
Company shall have and hereby reserves all rights and remedies which it has, or which are granted to it by operation of law, to enjoin the unlawful or unauthorized use of the Program Material (any of which injunctive relief may be sought in the courts, and also may be sought prior to or in lieu of termination), and to be compensated for damages for breach of this Agreement.
- Dispute Resolution:
- All disputes arising under or concerning this Agreement are to be submitted to binding arbitration, in Iowa City, Iowa, to be resolved in accordance with the laws of the state of Iowa.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed.
The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action, or private attorney general action) unless all relevant parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.